Thursday, July 4, 2013

Bubba Gump Shrimpin' Co. - OPI Cajun Shrimp - The Polish Hunt


Daily Manicure // OPI Cajun Shrimp


I sometimes make the mistake of deciding that I need coffee. But oh no. I couldn't just pick up a cup at the gas station where I was refueling my incredibly dirty little black Mazda.

No, I needed to stop by the Starbucks conveniently located in my local Publix plaza. (I'm not sure if there are Publix's nation wide, I've never seen any in Maryland, Georgia or New York... But they are really nice supermarkets with lovely sales associates and bag boys and girls... But I divert)

As soon as I reached the sidewalk of the shopping plaza, I could hear it. The loud obnoxious voices of all those retired, unemployed, stay-at-home adults who lounge around Starbucks on the weekdays from eight until eleven. Damn. I forgot about those. Do these people really have nothing better to do with their mornings? I could literally think of so many things to do? I wanted to go to the gym, that didn't happen. Really needed to work on my blog... Could've worked on college paper work... Maybe should have sent that email about my schedule to my admissions counselor.... Could have been finishing my Hemingway book... Perhaps really should have been working on continuing foraging my room for winter-ish clothing for school this upcoming fall... Literally so many things I could be doing? Don't these people ever have a lot to do? I mean damn, I've just turned eighteen and I don't even have that great of a social life that I meet with a group of twenty or so people every day, five days a week, for upwards of three hours a day!

Once I approached the store front I noticed a new addition to the groups usual montage of unattractive animals that bark as you pass by. A beautiful Dalmatian with blue/grey eyes sat astoot beside its owner on the wooden bench. I'm not sure if he stood out because he really was a gem next to the less attractive mutts owned by the other Starbucks goers or if it was because he was bright white with spots and everyone else was dressed to the nine in their usual brown and grey 90's grunge-esque clothing.

The dalmation got me thinking of Cruella DeVille. Go Figure. As I left Starbucks with my grande bold and black I walked towards publix thinking of how much I really enjoyed Cruella's style (MINUS the part where she wanted a Dalmatian puppy skin coat :( ) That sort of bitchy powerful look would go well with my new black hair, determined I wanted an edgier red nail polish and walked straight towards Aisle   9 (cosmetics, feminine products, and general personal hygienic supplies) and marched straignt towards the back where the small tray full of various China Glaze and OPI polishes sat. Glancing through the rack I knew what I wanted, the bright red polish with the orange under tone I had been lusting over for weeks but kept denying my self of it because I knew it was a completely unnecessary purchase. But I was determined. I would have Cruella power-bitch nails by the end of the day! They would be mine! Oh yes!

After two minutes I had almost given up, walking away in silence, head drooping.... when... wait! what was that! Could it be! The perfect red polish with an orange undertone was sitting in between to cans of mens deodorant were someone must have placed it for safe keeping until they came back or were too lazy to deposit the polish back to where they had picked it up from. I swooped it up, checked the label, and there in that beautiful OPI font read the two most perfect words I had seen all day "Cajun Shrimp."

And yes ladies and gentlemen that is the incredibly sad story of how my morning was made great by a little red bottle of nail varnish.

I leave you with that incredibly boring anecdote,

xx Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment