Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: Mystic Divine Nourishing Masque

Mystic Divine Nourishing Hair Mask Review


What: A light pink Nourishing Hair Masque with Argan & Monoi Oils  

For: Conditioning Dry and Damaged hair, improving hairs shine, and aiding in smoothness

Review: This hair masque was a surprise. The first time I used it, I was pleased with the way it left my hair feeling, clean and refreshed yet moisturized and slightly softer at the ends, but I wasn’t blown away. I kept using it - twice a week as instructed on the back of the pot - and noticed that it continually moisturized my hair and kept the frizz at bay but there was nothing spectacular happening, not at the ends at least. This masque has definitely improved the quality of my hair from the roots to the tips no scratch that- this masque has improved the part of my hair that was already in pretty good condition but has done nothing really to improved the damaged parts of my hair. i.e. the frayed ends, which did not improve, stop fraying, or really endure any noticeable difference while using this products. 

Upon initial purchase in Sally's beauty supply I honestly had no idea what Monoi Oils were, a quick google search on my iPhone and learned that they were perfumed oils made from the Tahitian Gardenia petals. Which perhaps explains why I was so drawn to the scent, I love the smell of fresh gardenia! It is quite commonly used by the French Polynesians as a skin and hair softener, which explains its placement in a nourishing hair masque. 

Pros: Mystic Divine really does have lovely packaging, it has a slightly Moroccan-esque look with a touch more pink! Geometric shapes adorn the pot with turquoise and hot pink hue complementing the arab-esque design. I also really enjoyed the light pink color of the product, most masques I have used are either white or an off white/brownish toned color. 
Price, the price of this masque was definitely a plus! At Sally's I was able to purchase this little baby for only eight dollars and I got a deal on their everyday conditioner as well (which I will post a review on sometime in the future as well)

Cons: This masque did nourish my hair, but did not work to repair any current damage or really do anything outstanding for my frizzy ends. 

Would I Repurchase? : Maybe, the price is a definite reason to repurchase and once my ends are chopped off next week it may continue to just keep my currently healthy hair in that state and prevent damage! This is definitely one of the best "drugstore" hair masques I have ever used!


Buy it here

1 comment:

  1. Mystic Divine Masque is something to keep with your hair care solutions. It gives good results. It must be the oils...it seems a difference for me with the the combination of these oils. They give good results. I'd recommend it to anyone's hair routine.

    ReplyDelete