Sunday, July 7, 2013

Review: Ponds Cold Creme Cleanser


Product Name: POND’S Cold Cream Cleanser


What: Moisturizing Deep Cleanser & Make-up Remover


For: Quick cleaning of your face


Review: So for as long as I can remember I have seen the Ponds potted cleansers in drugstore, supermarket, and big chain places such as Target and Walmart. I was always tempted to pick this product up because I am absolutely in love with the Ponds nighttime cleansing wipes (in the purple packaging!) Finally after watching a Dulce Candy video on YouTube where Dulce talked about how much she loved the product I purchased it. Fully aware of the fact that I have a much different skin type then she, and we wanted the product for different reasons.
I honestly thought because this cleanser was so thick and pasty that it would break me out immediately. I was pleasantly shocked the morning after I had used the cleanser when I woke up with no bumps, pimples, or whiteheads. The cleanser thoroughly removes all of my makeup and left my face feeling hydrated but not greasy. (I still applied my regular nighttime moisturizer, I would still recommend doing that!)
What really made this cleanser stand out to me was the fact that immediately after I used it I did not feel any residue on my face. Usually whenever I find a cleanser that really does clean my face well it leaves it feeling dry and deprived of all nutrients, natural oils, and with a tacky-sticky-tension-y feeling all over the surface of my skin.
For some reason I am having a really hard time reviewing this products but if you have oily-acne prone skin I would definitely say give this product a try it is a great makeup remover. If you currently have acne I would use this product to remove makeup and then use a cleanser to cleanse your pores afterwards.


General application of the product was a little different than other cleansers that I have used in the past. I take probably a half a teaspoon of product and spread it out all over my face and use my (clean) fingers to work the products into my skin. Quite Literally massaging my makeup off. Then using a damp washcloth (a fresh clean one) I remove the excess product off my face. No messy water or clarisonic to deal with! It really is a quick and easy way to remove all makeup quickly!


Pros: Incredibly quick, easy, and pretty much mess free makeup removal. Leaves my skin feeling fresh and hydrated and NOT greasy at all! Its also pretty inexpensive as well! Got to love drugstore products that work wonders!


Cons: I think to thoroughly deep clean my skin I still need to cleanse my face with a “real” face wash afterwards ( I still use my Philosophy Purity Cleanser.)


Would I Repurchase? : I definitely think so! So far it is a product I am really digging!

Buy it here


Hope this was helpful, 

xx Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment